Shine in the Summertime!
A summer day camp for campers entering grades 2 - 9
Come join the fun at the Annex Children’s Theatre in Education’s (ACTE) Performing Arts Summer Day Camp! Each one-week session will give campers the opportunity to put together a musical, video-record it and screen it online for family and friends to watch! Campers will learn to act, sing, dance, make props and costumes. In addition to the creative arts component, campers will enjoy daily outdoor activities such as sports, cooperative games, and splash pad.We will spend most of our camp day outside either at Healey Willan Park, Clinton School’s field, or Bickford Park. We will go into St. Mary Magdalene Church to cool off, go to the washroom and to do some arts and crafts. To keep everyone safe we will continue with offering small cohort groups. Each cohort will have up to 10 people which will include staff. Siblings will stay together and we will do our best to keep family and friend groups together. If Toronto Public Health permits, we will add a few extra campers to each group.
ACTE ensures a supportive and inclusive environment where campers are encouraged to develop new skills, pursue existing interests and foster everlasting friendships.
About our Summer Staff
Campers will be supervised at all times. ACTE provides a ratio of 1 staff for every 9 campers. Our team is highly qualified with certified teachers and camp staff with extensive summer day camp teaching experience.
Sessions and Fees
Session 1 July 5 - July 9 $400
Session 2 July 12 – July 16 $400
Session 3 July 19 – July 23 $400
Session 4 July 26 – July 30 $400
Hours and Location
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
The Church of Saint Mary Magdalene
477 Manning Street
(South of Harbord/ North of College)
Lunch and Snacks
ACTE is a nut-free zone.
Campers must provide their own lunch, snacks and drinks. Refrigeration is available.
If your camper has any special needs, details must be included with your registration form. Please note: We cannot provide one-on-one supervision or specific medical support.
Please refer to our detailed covid policies.
• Cohorts who will stay together for the duration of the session. Each cohort will be sized in line with Toronto Public Health regulations, currently 9 students.
• Daily health screening before the start of camp.
• Handwashing or hand sanitizing after every activity, snacks, lunches, washroom visits etc.
• Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing.
• Physical distancing.
• Wearing masks indoors.
How to Register
a) Complete the registration form (one per camper):
b) Include full payment (email money transfer) to email@example.com
c) Attach additional information if necessary
d) send a scanned form electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Requests for cancellations or refunds must be made in writing and submitted to email@example.com
• Cancellations of camp sessions received more than 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of the camp session will receive a refund minus a $50 administration fee.
• Cancellations of camp sessions received 2 weeks (14 days) or less before the start of the camp session will not qualify for a refund.
• Cancellations due to medical reasons require a doctor’s note, and are subject to a $50 administration fee. Doctor’s notes must be received within one week after the end of the camp session.
• If the camp is cancelled by ACTE while camp is in session, refunds will be provided (prorated for the number of days camp has been in session) minus a $50 administration fee.
• If the camp is cancelled by ACTE before camp is in session, full refunds will be provided.
*** We are operating camp at a greatly reduced capacity this year due to covid, which is difficult to manage financially. We ask that families consider this before registering. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many campers do you take for each session?
To keep everyone safe we will continue with offering small cohort groups, in line with whatever Toronto Public Health recommends at the time. Each group will put on their own performance. Siblings will stay together and we will do our best to keep family and friend groups together.
Do campers get time to go outdoors?
Oh yes! We have slotted times each day to play fun outdoor activities from wacky relays, sports, water games and special field trips.
What should campers bring to camp?
Snacks, lunch, water, sunscreen, hat, swimsuit, towel, running shoes, lots of enthusiasm and creativity!
Are the shows musicals?
There is always a singing and dancing component. If certain campers are not keen on singing or dancing, we will create a special role for them so that they are happy and comfortable with what they are doing.